What A Waste™
What a Waste is NFESH’s innovative, anti-hunger initiative for community-based nutrition programs that reduces food waste, increases program efficiency and helps the environment while providing new sources of healthful foods to those in need.
Thanks to a grant from the Walmart Foundation, NFESH is working with four Senior Nutrition Programs to track and reduce their food waste. Each month, we provide programs with detailed reports showing which foods are being wasted and why. Below are some of the trends we’re seeing.
Read the full post
- What A Waste Newsletter: February 2, 2017
- What A Waste Newsletter: January 17, 2017
- What A Waste Newsletter: December 12, 2016
- What A Waste Newsletter: November 17, 2016
- What A Waste Newsletter: November 2, 2016
- What A Waste Newsletter: October 19, 2016
- What A Waste Newsletter: October 6, 2016
- What A Waste Newsletter: September 21, 2016
- Ohio Seniors Already Reaping Harvest in New Fall Garden
At NFESH, we seek solutions to prevent and end senior hunger by breaking what we call “the lifecycle of hunger,” one community at a time. Our cross-sector approach engages local and national partners on a journey of discovery to translate and transform expertise, insight and ideas into sustainable ways we can quash hunger. We are seeking partners who are looking for the opportunity to provide new and innovative solutions to affect real societal change. Ready to roll up your sleeves and join this grassroots movement? Call 571-312-2675 to learn how you can become a CUASH® (Communities Against Senior Hunger) Community.
When you give to NFESH you are making an investment in preventing and ending senior hunger community by community. Join us in breaking the lifecycle of senior hunger today.Donate Now