What A Waste™
What a Waste is NFESH’s innovative, anti-hunger initiative for community-based nutrition programs that reduces food waste, increases program efficiency and helps the environment while providing new sources of healthful foods to those in need.
"We heard repeatedly from homeowners that they were being taxed incorrectly or that the Office of Tax and Revenue hadn’t properly applied tax payments to their accounts. Customer service representatives often failed to give accurate information, and clients didn’t have adequate notice before a tax sale. Also, as we learned more about how the tax sale system worked in DC, we knew we needed to try to change it."
Read the full post
- Featured Columnist: Pen, Paper and One Million Pounds of Food
- Featured Columnist: Ending Senior Hunger in Arkansas
- Featured Columnist: Food Waste, Hunger, and Our Food System
- Featured Columnist: With America's resources, there is no excuse for hunger
- Featured Columnist: Bringing the Farmers Market to Underserved Families
- Featured Columnist: What will it take to end hunger?
- Featured Columnist: The Paradox Between Wasted Food and Hunger
- Featured Columnist: Ending Rural Hunger
- Featured Columnist: Serving Food, Improving Health
- Hunger among seniors is increasing but many who qualify for food benefits aren't getting them
At NFESH, we seek solutions to prevent and end senior hunger by breaking what we call “the lifecycle of hunger,” one community at a time. Our cross-sector approach engages local and national partners on a journey of discovery to translate and transform expertise, insight and ideas into sustainable ways we can quash hunger.
We are seeking partners who are looking for the opportunity to provide new and innovative solutions to affect real societal change. Ready to roll up your sleeves and join this grassroots movement?
Learn how you can become a CUASH® (Communities Against Senior Hunger) Community.
When you give to NFESH you are making an investment in preventing and ending senior hunger community by community. Join us in breaking the lifecycle of senior hunger today.Donate Now