What Do We Believe?
Mission and vision rest on conviction.
- that some things are too valuable to waste – like the health and well-being of our seniors and the nutritious food on which both of those depend
- that the issue of senior hunger does not get the attention it deserves
- that, as a result, many seniors are suffering
- that we can reduce hunger
- that it is our responsibility to lead change
- that there is a role for everyone in helping us reach that goal
- that wasted food means wasted money, wasted nutrients … and wasted opportunity
- that our country produces enough food to provide proper nutrition for everyone, everyday
- that the tremendous costs of senior hunger far exceed the costs of addressing it
- that “willful waste makes woeful want” is as true today as it was when it was first spoken in 1576
- that reducing waste is an act of will…and being committed to it will make all the difference in the world